About Yoga Moves
About Yoga Moves
We are a yoga "shala" or studio in the center of Utrecht, a wonderful city full of young professionals, students, and creative types. Hilary Brown started Yoga Moves in 2001 (formerly Yoga Motion) in a rented space in the center of Utrecht. She wanted to offer classes in the American style which she was used to: open, drop-in based, friendly, professional and challenging. Since then her classes and the interest in yoga has grown.
In 2004 we moved to the St. Janshovenstraat to our own beautiful studio. In the summer of 2008 we remodeled our space to create space for a second studio and room for a yoga shop to offer yoga clothing and props etc. We have two yoga spaces now, with the possibility to open a long wall up between the two studios for larger workshops.
Studio 1 holds up to about 30 people for a yoga class (average class size is 15), and Studio 2 about 18. We have a shower and changing room and places for you to leave your personal items.
In addition, we have a lounge to rest and enjoy a cup or tea before or after class. In this space we have our store - full of lovely yoga clothing, gifts, yoga props, books, CD's and DVD's.
- Yoga Moves offers +/- 50 classes and courses a week.
- In addition, we host workshops of all sorts of related topics.
- We also rent our space to people when they have an event or classes that would fit at Yoga Moves. See our rental prices.
- Yoga Moves offers a year long teacher training program - one of the most respected programs in Holland for people who want to have a strong foundation course in the art of teaching vinyasa based yoga classes with good alignment and safe sequencing.
- We are always on the look out for new teachers who can add something to Yoga Moves. Let us know if you are interested.
Yoga Moves Mission Statement
Yoga Moves supports people to be themselves.
We make ancient yoga practices accessible to modern people.
We share the benefits of powerful yoga: health, wellbeing, vitality and peace.
We are building communities of friends.
Yoga Moves is a community of people who are attracted to simple pleasures like: stillness, open-mindedness, exploring ideas, moving our bodies, learning to share our skills and freedom in all its forms.
We offer varied types of yoga classes, workshops and trainings for all types of people. We support absolute beginner’s right through to future yoga teachers with high quality training. Respect is our key value.